Stay Updated

General

Man got electrocuted by his Phone while charging and using his phone (Photos)

A young man identified only as Barisuka, has been electrocuted to death while charging and using his phone at the same time.

The incident, PARADISE NEWS learnt occurred on Monday night in the house of the victim at Nkpogu, Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital.

A friend of the deceased, Emmanuel Alagiri Jnr, who shared the story on his Facebook page, said the Barisuka who happened to be his neighbour, was charging his phone, placed it on his body and slept off. It was later discovered that he was electrocuted in the process.

Emmanuel wrote: “Death why? I just came back from work this afternoon, met the dead body of my yard boy who’ve been shocked by electric power in the process of charging his phone at Nkpogu, Port Harcourt.

“I can’t stop crying, it’s so ridiculously and unbelievable that you were electrocuted by leakage USB cable while charging your phone. It seems to me that its manipulation. But it’s real that you were shocked by your USB charger. RIP My brother my talking mate”.

He advised people not to be charging and using their phones at the same time. “Please avoid putting your phone on your body while charging and sleeping at the same time.

This is the reason why he (Barisuka) was electrocuted. This one happened in my yard at port Harcourt, the black wounded spot on his hand is the place where the electric current tore through”, a bereaved Emmanuel added.

Few persons that indicated having knowledge of the victim said he was a drummer.

Efforts by PARADISE NEWS to reach out to the Port Harcourt Electricity Distributing Company, PHEDC for comments proved abortive at the time of filing this report.

Leave a Reply